The Montague Street Business Improvement District filed a Wednesday evening update for businesses and local residents in the wake of all things storm-related. Highlights follow:
* Sanitation Collection: “Although not formally confirmed, it is expected garbage collections will resume either tonight or tomorrow morning along Montague Street. Recycling collections are suspended until further notice.”
* Aside from a few damaged parking and storefront signs and greater than average garbage and debris on the sidewalks, Montague Street suffered little damage from Hurricane Sandy.
* BID’s sanitation clean team began bagging trash and sweeping up leaves and other debris Wednesday. Services will continue throughout the week.
* No BID street furniture (including banners, hanging baskets and trash receptacles) was damaged.
* For retailers that suffered interruptions because of the storm, NYC’s Department of Small Business Services & the Economic Development Corp. are coordinating emergency loans and other services. Relevant info is here.
* For any business displaced, short-term “swing” office space is available at Brooklyn Army Terminal. Info here. (Photo: CT)