Halstead Realty at 150 Montague Street (between Henry and Clinton) is directing another much-needed food & goods drive this weekend, in which they intend to pack a moving van with requested items for Hurricane Sandy residents in The Rockaways. Please bring donations by the shop Saturday & Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Broker Meryl Blackman tells BHB that the truck will arrive in front of the shop at 9 a.m. Monday, and is asking area residents to contribute specific items that donation centers have asked for. She adds that Halstead volunteers will be going door to door in areas “where many people and pets are shut in with no elevators.” See the list below…
In addition, Corcoran Reality is collecting items for The Rockaways. Drop goods by their BH location at 124 Montague St.
FOR HALSTEAD’S COLLECTION EFFORT:
• Canned Food/Can Openers
• Electric/extension Cords/Rope/Tarps
• Pet Food – wet and dry
• Multi-roll packages of toilet paper
• Batteries (especially AA and D)
• Rubber Gloves – Dish gloves, and medical
• Work Gloves (all sizes) and Work Shams
• Bleach/Cleaning Supplies
• Contractor Bags/Heavy Duty Plastic Bags
• Adult Diapers, Baby Wipes
• Feminine Products
• Handwarmers (the self-heating kind)
• New unopened packages of underwear/socks – for Men, Women and Children
PLEASE NO CLOTHING OR BLANKETS!