Douglas Elliman Realty is sponsoring an ongoing effort to accept donations and organize relief efforts following dastardly Hurricane Sandy at its Brooklyn Heights location, 156 Montague Street, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Its effort in Brooklyn and around NYC include:
· The firm is using social media and online resources to rally and gather volunteers for relief efforts and to distribute information.
· Elliman has organized helicopters and trucks as volunteers go from designated donation centers across NYC, Long Island and the Hamptons, delivering aid to victims in Breezy Point, Rockaway, Long Beach and Staten Island.
· Dottie Herman’s radio show “Eye on Real Estate” on WOR-AM NYC is being utilized to round up volunteers and donations, and has been an important news & info resource.
· All Elliman offices with power have remained open for community relief, including collecting & distributing donations of non-perishable food items and other necessities and to provide local residents with power, charging stations and warmth. A fund is being created to help those in need in these regions.
· ELLIMANRENTALS, the firm’s rental division, is assisting placement companies and insurance adjusters who have reached out for help in finding short- and long-term housing for those whose homes have been damaged or destroyed.