On Thursday, December 6, at 5:30 p.m. Brooklyn Borough Prez Marty Markowitz will emcee the annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony at Borough Hall Plaza. A lucky kid from the audience will be chosen to flip the switch and illuminate the 40-foot-tall balsam fir, which Time Out New York hailed as one of the city’s holiday trees “worth seeking out on a cold winter’s night.” The tree will sparkle with holiday colors each night through the holiday season. Brooklynite Adriana Louise of NBC’s “The Voice” will provide entertainment and sing her favorite Christmas song. Free holiday refreshments will be served, and Santa is also rumored to be stopping by. (Photo: Downtown Brooklyn Partnership)
Lighting Of The Borough Hall Christmas Tree: December 6
About Homer FinkFounder/Publisher. Brooklyn Bugle Media.
- Tracing the Transit System, 1940-1968 – an evening with Andrew Sparberg
- Paul O. Zelinsky to appear at Greenlight Books on Saturday (11/1)
- Brooklyn Bugle Book Club: “The Vacationers” A novel by Emma Straub
- Montague Street Summer Space is this Sunday 9/21
- Brooklyn Book Festival Next Sunday, September 21
- Dave Grohl is Killing Rock ‘n’ Roll, Long Live Rock ‘n’ Roll: Prologue to a Manifesto October 20, 2014
- Footnotes to the Prologue of a Manifesto October 21, 2014
- Talking Ebola, Politics and Pathogens October 28, 2014
- Tim’s Favorite Bassists (A GROHL-FREE COLUMN) October 22, 2014
- The Dark Night Of Dave Grohl: A Cautionary Tale December 3, 2014
- The Kinks: The Beatles of Outsiders November 21, 2014
- Why Jam Bands Suck and Hawkwind Doesn’t September 29, 2014
- #BroadwayBomb: If You’re Over 16 and Your Last Name is Not Hawk Get Off the Skateboard October 18, 2014
- May 4, 1970 and Chris Butler September 30, 2014
- New York City and Taylor Swift (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Change) October 30, 2014
- A Visit from St. Grohl December 24, 2014
- Check Out this GoPro Video of the Dyker Heights Christmas Lights December 23, 2014
- Our Five Favorite Christmas Songs December 22, 2014
- The Signal Podcast Episode #03 – A Proportional Response December 21, 2014
- Last Minute Holiday Spirit: A Wine and Spirits Gift Guide December 19, 2014
- Brooklyn Bugle Book Club: “The Summer House” by Alice Thomas Ellis December 19, 2014
- Tell the Bartender Episode 49: Politics, Facebook and Friendship December 17, 2014
- We All Know the Rock’n'Roll Hall of Fame Blows. Can We Try to do Something About It? December 17, 2014
- Derwood Andrews, and the sound of a post-punk, post-blues Catcus Acid Milkshake December 16, 2014
- Darius Rucker, Race, and Turning a Moment in Time into a True Movement December 15, 2014
- thom_perdue: Thank you for doing that, thank you so much. ...
- Marc_Campbell: I would add Chrissie Hynde, Kim Fowley and Jello B...
- tompaine99: Yeah, any list of riffs that omits Zeppelin and CC...
- Timmy: Hi, Martha! It happened after hours, and I was pr...
- BrooklynBugle: Huh? ...
- Spraynard Kruger: black keys are pretty good...
- Me: Haters will hate. In Grohl we trust. ...
- Bob Lee: LC is the closest thing to a "perfect" album the...
- Dennis: This is the best thing I've read all year!...
- Michael Patrick Welch: The idea that rock is in bad shape RIGHT NOW is a ...
- thom_perdue on The Dark Night Of Dave Grohl: A Cautionary Tale
- Marc_Campbell on We All Know the Rock’n'Roll Hall of Fame Blows. Can We Try to do Something About It?
- tompaine99 on The Ten Greatest Guitar Riffs of All Time, Revealed!
- Timmy on Johnny Depp, Evan Dando, LSD, and Me
- BrooklynBugle on Johnny Depp, Evan Dando, LSD, and Me
- Spraynard Kruger on The Dark Night Of Dave Grohl: A Cautionary Tale
- Me on Dave Grohl is Killing Rock ‘n’ Roll, Long Live Rock ‘n’ Roll: Prologue to a Manifesto
- Bob Lee on Re-Assessing The Legacy of The Clash…or Not.
- Dennis on The Dark Night Of Dave Grohl: A Cautionary Tale
- Michael Patrick Welch on The Dark Night Of Dave Grohl: A Cautionary Tale