On Thursday, December 6, at 5:30 p.m. Brooklyn Borough Prez Marty Markowitz will emcee the annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony at Borough Hall Plaza. A lucky kid from the audience will be chosen to flip the switch and illuminate the 40-foot-tall balsam fir, which Time Out New York hailed as one of the city’s holiday trees “worth seeking out on a cold winter’s night.” The tree will sparkle with holiday colors each night through the holiday season. Brooklynite Adriana Louise of NBC’s “The Voice” will provide entertainment and sing her favorite Christmas song. Free holiday refreshments will be served, and Santa is also rumored to be stopping by. (Photo: Downtown Brooklyn Partnership)
Lighting Of The Borough Hall Christmas Tree: December 6
About Brooklyn BugleFounder/Publisher. Brooklyn Bugle Media.
- Dave Grohl is Killing Rock ‘n’ Roll, Long Live Rock ‘n’ Roll: Prologue to a Manifesto October 20, 2014
- Footnotes to the Prologue of a Manifesto October 21, 2014
- R.E.M. Were the Band of Our Time August 27, 2014
- Talking Ebola, Politics and Pathogens October 28, 2014
- Tim’s Favorite Bassists (A GROHL-FREE COLUMN) October 22, 2014
- The Fauxplacements. Or “What Makes A Reunion A Reunion?” September 23, 2014
- #BroadwayBomb: If You’re Over 16 and Your Last Name is Not Hawk Get Off the Skateboard October 18, 2014
- Do They Have Sharks in the River Liffey? Because U2 Just Jumped One September 16, 2014
- Revisiting My Thoughts on The Replacements and The Captain (Plus Let’s Honor Malcolm Young) September 25, 2014
- Why Jam Bands Suck and Hawkwind Doesn’t September 29, 2014
- Struggle Bus Episode 5: Awful People from Your Past, Struggle Buddies, and Wanderlust on a Budget November 21, 2014
- Brooklyn Bugle Book Club: “How to Be a Good Wife” a novel by Emma Chapman November 21, 2014
- The Kinks: The Beatles of Outsiders November 21, 2014
- Pink Floyd End their Story in a Wondrous Way (Especially if you like Umma Gumma) November 20, 2014
- Eff You, Beatles: Or Why You Need To Know About “Rockin’ Rochester USA” November 19, 2014
- Now ‘Movember’ Means Mental Health, Too November 14, 2014
- Brooklyn Bugle Book Club: Graphics Pleasures: “Legends of the Tour” by Jan Cleijne and “Pen and Ink: Tattoos & the Stories Behind Them” by Isaac Fitzgerald and Wendy MacNaughton November 14, 2014
- Kim Kardashian, The Mother of Fame, Versus Chaney, Goodman, and Schwerner, the Mothers of Freedom November 13, 2014
- Episode 47: LIVE with Myka Fox and Keisha Zollar! November 11, 2014
- Brooklyn Bugle Book Club: “Benediction” by Kent Haruf November 7, 2014
- benbgallaher: First-rate conclusion. Truly....
- TheMoneyGoRound: It's good to see Dave having fun on his tour. Ye...
- Rommel Thor: Good write up......:-)...
- Marc_Campbell: Arthur Lee And Love and The Stranglers are Familia...
- Americano: So, would you say EFF you Buddy Holly, too? Phil S...
- email@example.com: Tim, WOW. You have writing exactly how I felt in ...
- Tim Bummer: WRONG - The entire American century had been leadi...
- Domingo Samudio: woolly bully doesn't need you defending it. pleas...
- Kirk Larsen: While I understand what the author is saying, he'...
- Irv: "Sweating in the ghetto with the colored and the ...
- benbgallaher on The Kinks: The Beatles of Outsiders
- TheMoneyGoRound on The Kinks: The Beatles of Outsiders
- Rommel Thor on The Kinks: The Beatles of Outsiders
- Marc_Campbell on The Kinks: The Beatles of Outsiders
- Americano on Eff You, Beatles: Or Why You Need To Know About “Rockin’ Rochester USA”
- firstname.lastname@example.org on Eff You, Beatles: Or Why You Need To Know About “Rockin’ Rochester USA”
- Tim Bummer on Eff You, Beatles: Or Why You Need To Know About “Rockin’ Rochester USA”
- Domingo Samudio on Wooly Bully Is A Very Effing Heavy Song
- Kirk Larsen on Dave Grohl is Killing Rock ‘n’ Roll, Long Live Rock ‘n’ Roll: Prologue to a Manifesto
- Irv on Footnotes to the Prologue of a Manifesto