They’re back! Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks have returned to the East River. Brooklyn Heights residents and many, many, many visitors will be checking out the show from the Promenade and close-up from Brooklyn Bridge Park. If you live near any streets leading to these areas check for No Parking signs (we spotted some on Cranberry Street this evening).
Here’s the full list (via Brooklyn Eagle):
• Joralemon Street from Furman Street to Court Street
• Montague Street from Hicks Street to Columbia Heights
• Columbia Heights from Remsen Street to Old Fulton Street
• Water Street from Main Street to Old Fulton Street
• Middagh Street from Cadman Plaza West to “Dead End”
• Cranberry Street from Columbia Heights to Hicks Street
• Vine Street from Columbia Heights to Hicks Street
• Cadman Plaza West from Tillary Street to Furman Street
The city is advising people to arrive 5pm to “snag” a good spot for the 9pm show.
Brooklyn Bridge Park posted their holiday schedule this afternoon:
Brooklyn Bridge Park will be open on July 4th. Please note the following:
Squibb Park and Bridge will be closed.
The Main Street section of the park will close at 4pm
Barbeques on Picnic Peninsula will be closed.
All playgrounds will close at 4pm.
The Pop-Up Pool will close at 4pm.
Pier 4 Beach will close at 4pm.
Jane’s Carousel will close at 6pm.
Volleyball courts will close at 4pm.
The Pier 2 sports courts will close at 4pm.
The Pier 5 sports fields will close at 4pm.
Chairs will not be allowed in the park.
Parking is extremely limited. Please use public transportation. See our Visitor Information page for subway, bus and ferry information.
To enter the park, please use the park’s main entrances at Old Fulton and Furman Streets or Atlantic Avenue and Furman Street.
Bags will be checked by NYPD at all entrances.